EMS Agenda 2050
EMS Agenda 2050 is a collaborative and inclusive two-year project to create a bold plan for the next several decades. EMS Agenda 2050 will solicit feedback from members of the EMS community to write a new Agenda for the Future that envisions innovative possibilities to advance EMS systems.
Twenty years ago, pioneers and leaders in the EMS industry described a vision of data-driven and evidence-based systems in the EMS Agenda for the Future. Since then, the profession has worked tirelessly to fulfill the vision set out in that landmark document.
What’s Happening Now
Throughout 2017 and 2018, the EMS community will work together to develop a new vision for the future of EMS. Community members, stakeholder organizations and the public are all encouraged to get involved in writing a new Agenda for the Future that will set forth a vision for the next thirty years of EMS system advancement.
A Technical Expert Panel (TEP), comprised of leaders in EMS, healthcare and public safety, is charged with soliciting community input and drafting the Agenda. A Straw Man document (expected in September 2017) will stimulate conversation and input from the community on what should or should not be in the new Agenda. Throughout the fall and winter, several opportunities will exist to provide input, including four regional meetings as well as webinars and sessions at national EMS conferences.
The project team will release a draft Agenda in April 2018 open for public comment before publishing the final EMS Agenda 2050 later in the year.
The EMS Agenda 2050 Technical Expert Panel is leading this community-wide effort. Click here to learn more about the members of the TEP.
EMS Agenda 2050 is supported by the:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Office of EMS
- EMS for Children Program at the Health Resources and Services Administration
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security Office of Health Affairs
The EMS Agenda 2050 project is managed by the Redhorse Corporation, with support from the RedFlash Group, through a contract with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
What You Can Do
- Sign up to receive email updates with important announcements, information on events and ways you can contribute.
- Provide your thoughts on the future of EMS, as well as feedback on the Straw Man, through the Agenda website.
- Register to attend one of the four regional meetings being held in Silver Spring, Maryland; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Los Angeles, California; and Dallas, Texas.
- Visit the EMS Agenda 2050 website for more information