FICEMS is currently focused on achieving the six goals set out in its five-year strategic plan, released in 2014.
Those six goals are :
- Coordinated, regionalized, and accountable EMS and 9-1-1 systems that provide safe, high-quality care
- Data-driven and evidence-based EMS systems that promote improved patient care quality
- EMS systems fully integrated into State, territorial, local, tribal, regional, and federal preparedness planning, response, and recovery
- EMS systems that are sustainable, forward looking, and integrated with the evolving health care system
- An EMS culture in which safety considerations for patients, providers, and the community permeate the full spectrum of activities
- A well-educated and uniformly credentialed EMS workforce
Below are a variety of reports of current activities to Congress, as well as other documents and memos that address progress toward these long-term goals.
FICEMS Annual Reports to Congress